Monday 2 June 2014

Cocoa Bana Cake v1

Cocoa Banana Cake!

Another easy recipe for me. Saw 3 lonesome amigos (bananas) and decided to try using rice cooker again.

Actually I tried to redo my 1st chiffon cake again yesterday morning but failed. I used brown sugar and butter. Too dense. So I'm sticking back to white sugar and vco.

Hunger for cakes set in through the day and finally got to baking a cocoa bana version when the sun sets. Yippee. Worked!


original recipe:
http://www.mumsnet.com/food/recipe/1866-Easy-banana-cake

My version:
-200g all purpose flour
-25g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
-3tsp baking powder
(Sift all the above)
-100g sugar (hub says not sweet enough which is my aim as I feed this to my 18mo son)
-3 ripe banas (del monte), mashed
-2 eggs
- 115g butter

steps:
-melt butter and set aside to cool.
-whisk eggs together with sugar
-add mashed banas and mix
-add butter and mix
-add sifted flour, cocoa, baking powder slowly and mix
-do not overmix. Leave it lumpy.
-texture may seem dry but once baked it's not an issue.
-pour into rice cooker pot and press CAKE tab.
-remove once done.
-invert and let cool.
-slice and eat! :)

                                     Cocoa Bana Cake







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.