Thursday 22 May 2014

Double Portion Cocoa Cake

Rice Cooker 4
This choca lover is at it again. Fueled by the previous cocoa brownie cake, I decided to try what happens if I double my recipe.

http://www.food.com/recipe/the-best-brownies-54225

Using back the above, I did my modification:

*Oil:
- 1/2 cup melted butter(realised not enough!) + 1/3 cup olive oil
*Sugar:
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp
*Flour:
- 1 cup, sifted
*Salt:
- 1/4 tsp x2, sifted
*Baking Powder:
- 1/4 tsp x2, sifted
*Cocoa Powder, unsweetened:
- 1/3 cup x2, sifted
*Eggs:
- 6 small
*Vanilla Essence  :
- none! Forgot I used up! hehe

Steps are the same as stated in the webpage.
However, this cooked more than 10min as opposed to my previous coca one. I opened 3x to check for done-ness as I did not want to burn the base. Passed the skewer test after around 30min. Remove pot. Invert immediately on a rack. I inverted the cake back as you can see the impression on the pix below. Gooey goodness! Q artistic I think. Haha. Cool for a while, cling wrap and chill in fridge overnight. I sliced this just now and it has set pretty well. Easy to slice too. Love the gloss on the surface. Saves me time to prepare another glaze.

2 versions:
- Single portion (picture at the bottom) can be eaten immediately after cooled as it cooked very fast as observed in my previous post.

- Double portion (right below) had to be completely chilled before eating. I guess the texture was still dense and heavy and though passed the skewer test, still needed to set the gooey part.

Both have their merits and equally satisfying for me!

Double Portion Coca Cakey!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.