Thursday 21 August 2014

Nutella Cake

Wanted to make a mini cake for hubba's birthday. Supply was running low and finally decided to bake a simple nutella cake in my mini rice cooker. I modified the recipe given.

1) cake
 1 cup nutella
 10 tbsp flour (90g) (self raising)
 2 eggs
100g milk

I whisked the nutella with the milk first to get a smooth batter. Added eggs, whisk and then sift in the flour. Mix all till combined.

Pour batter into the mini pot and press the cake function.

2) Ganache Filling
I did not measure how much. I just added unsweetened cocoa powder and sugar till I like the taste. Whisk with some water and slowly heat in pot. Make sure the liquid is not too watery or runny. It should be thick. I whisked in some mascaprone too on whim to try the taste. Surprisingly yummy! Adds depth to the mixture. It sorts of balances the bitter cocoa taste. Pour over the cake and let cool till a little harden. Place in fridge covered till ready to consume!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.