Tuesday 26 August 2014

Bana chiffon cake

Could not resist making cakes though I am told to avoid eggs as I am down with a cough. Blame it on the over ripe bananas! Beckoning me to extend their shelf life. Haha. Using christine recipe, I modified a little. This is considered the most successful chiffon bana cake so far using my atas oven.

Original: http://en.christinesrecipes.com/2010/06/banana-chiffon-cake.html

My version:
Ingredients:
80g cake flour
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
54g castor sugar
45g milk
35g virgin coconut oil
230g banana flesh

Method:
I preheated my oven to 150°c instead.
Whiz the bana flesh in the blender till creamy and smooth.
Whisk egg yolks together with a bit of the sugar.
Mix in oil, milk, bana puree and whisk.
Sift in flour, whisk till smooth and combined.

For meringue, egg whites in clean mixer bowl. Whisk on high after adding sugar and let the mixer does its job. Shift setting to low to stabilize the whites.

Method same as shown in the website.

Fold fold fold! (The meringue and the batter)
Tap tap tap! (Remove large air bubbles)
Pop pop pop! (Cake mould in the oven)
Tick tock tick! (Waiting time for me)
Ding ding ding! (Cake should be ready)
Cool cool cool! (Invert the mould carefully)
Slice slice slice! (When the cake is cool and nice)
Serve serve serve! (Bon Appétit everybody)

Oops. Can't help but type this jingle. Son is 20 mths now and responds well to repetitive sounds, words and actions. So the mama has to adapt. Hehe.

By the way, just discovered a method to cool the cake, by accident! Was trying to flip it over when the pan got stuck between the grills. Thought it looked cool(pun intended) so left it there. Works!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.