Monday 19 May 2014

udon in pasta sauce

Pots & Pans Savory

I like to try and experiment food in my kitchen. Decided to test if East is able to meet West harmoniously. You bet how glad it did!

A simple yet touching love story with a happy ending... in my tummy. =)

Steps:
- cook udon according to package instructions. I got mine at Daiso.
- I rinsed the cooked noodles a few times as I find it a tad too salty for my liking.
- Splash olive oil and saute with preferred meat till cooked and fragrant. I used minced meat.
- Heat pasta sauce in. Mine was bottled prepared (Preggos so far my fav choice)
- Stir and let simmer.
- Add back the cooked noodles and stir to coat evenly. I did this step as I rinsed the noodles in water and they became cold.
- Pour in clean bowl and slurrrp!

KIDS Version:
- Greens (eg: broccoli) can be added for nutritional value.
- Homemade pasta sauce instead of bottled.

**Usually I will test it on myself first before modifying for my toddler. Since this union works perfectly, I will prepare a kid friendly version for my son.


                    East(udon) Meets West (pasta sauce)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.