Monday 19 May 2014

air fried chic rice bowl

Korean Air Fryer Savory

Got to eat a KFC bucket rice and it was really yummy sans the saltiness. Thus, I wanted to recreate it and went on a research hunting on the internet.

The process was tedious and I was proud of my work. Again, glory to God for my self-proclaimed success!

Steps:
1)Rice:
- Prepare as normal.
- Add chopped garlic (adjust to your liking. I used about half a clove of whole garlic for the hub and I)
- Set COOK

2) Sauce:
- Slice one small can of button mushrooms thinly.
- Saute a knob of unsalted butter with the mushrooms till fragrant and butter melts.
- Add soup stock (did not measure, it is up to you how much sauce u want) and stir.
- Add flour (did not measure too, up to you to decide how thick u want) and mix quickly to prevent lumps from forming. As a rule of a thumb, I added flour slowly till the consistency I want.

3)Chicken pops
- Slice chicken breast meat thinly into strips and cube them.
- Season with cajun seasoning (most supermarts have it) and add other herbs if preferred. I added black pepper. Chill in fridge for a few hours.
- Prepare 3 bowls: 1 beaten egg, flour, breadcrumbs
- Dip cubes into egg, flour, breadcrumbs in order
- Place on rack in the air fryer.
- Spray olive oil till cubes are covered.
- Turn knob (40min).
- Remove once done.

4) Assembling:
- Scoop rice into clean bowl.
- Arrange fried cubes on one side.
- Drizzle sauce on the other.
-EAT!

Verdict:
It was really not bad on my first try. Though the steps were pretty tedious to follow. The only drawback was the sauce, Too little, the hub commented. Taken note. =)




                                Air Fried Chix Rice Bowl


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.